Friday, August 28, 2009

Little Guy Tool-Belt

Here's a fun one for the little fix-it guy (or girl) in your life!

All you need is ONE fat quarter and a package of that hem facing tape stuff (or really fat bias tape...or a ribbon...or whatever else would make an apron tie!): All you do is fold your fat quarter in half, right sides together. Sew three sides, turn rightside out, press and top stitch.

Now fold up the bottom edge a little more than 3/4 of the way up to form a pocket. Top stitch around edges of pocket and top to bottom in a couple places to divide the pocket.

Take your bias tape, hem facing or whatever you're using...fold it in half (if necessary) and pin to the top of the apron. Top stitch all the way around it to form waistband and ties.

Use smaller pieces of your leftover belt/apron tie fabric to make little loops to hang tools on.

Load 'em up!

1 comment:

Ashli said...

Okay, so if you read my blog post for today, you'll see that I need help....and I was totally thinking of you when I made that post. If you have any idea that you would like to "help" me with, please let me know. We are thinking of either a Tuesday or Thursday for the night, and are going to try to make it the same one each month! I'd like to get you over here too. Church just hasn't been the same since we left you all....